These two ingredients from the humble little bee not only taste great but they each contain so many health benefits. When combined they have a whole heap of positive effects that your skin will love you for.
When applied to the skin, bee pollen:
• Prevents ageing as it absorbs damaging free radicals that cause ageing.
• Helps to soothe skin conditions such as eczema.
• Helps heal sores and wounds as it helps stimulate the growth of new skin tissue.
When applied to the skin, honey:
• Helps to treat and prevent acne due to its anti-bacterial properties.
• Is also anti ageing as it is full of antioxidants and is very hydrating.
• Has anti-inflammatory properties which helps soothe skin irritations like sunburn.
How to make a honey bee pollen face mask
Simply combine 1.5 tablespoons of raw unprocessed honey with 1 tablespoon of bee pollen.
Mix them together until well combined, then massage a generous amount onto your face.
Leave it on your skin for 20-30 minutes then wash off with warm water.
Repeat this 1-2 times a week for best results.
Important note: Some people can be allergic to bee pollen. If you have allergies to bee pollen or are allergic to bees it is best not to use or consume bee pollen.
Editor’s note: When sourcing honey and bee pollen, be sure it’s from a sustainable, ethical, organic source—preferably a bee keeper who doesn’t use deadly pesticides that are responsible for killing off bee populations.