The warmer weather calls for a barely there look, put together with cruelty-free, natural cosmetics that are good for you and the planet. Eco make-up artist Wanda Waller
shows you how to recreate this naturally beautiful look with some of her favourite products.
If you have a question for Wanda, please share in the comments! To shop the look, click on the images below.
How to Achieve a Natural, Barely There Look
1) Prep your skin with a light spritz of hydrating rose water mist and then follow with your day moisturiser, preferably one with broad spectrum SPF.
2) By applying all your products in thin layers you will not only prolong the wear of your makeup but also ensure that it won’t look “cakey” or mask like.
3) Apply a light layer of Qsilica Paw Paw Ointment before starting a makeup application; by the time you are ready to finish your look with your favourite lip colour, your lips will be plump and hydrated.
4) Make sure your moisturiser is fully absorbed into your skin before applying your primer, keep in mind that you probably need only one pump (or less!) for your whole face. If your foundation is “rolling off” or goes on patch, you probably have applied too much primer or your moisturiser is too heavy for daytime.
Here are my recommendations of products that will help you recreate this look:
Primer: E.L.F Cosmetics Studio Face Primer
Eyes: Josie Maran Cosmetics Watercolour Eye Shadow in “Rio De Rose Gold”
Concealer: Vapour Illusionist Concealer *
Blush: Ilia in “I Put a Spell On You” *
Bronzer: W3LL People Hedonist Mineral Bronzer *
Foundation: Kjaer Weis Foundation *
Powder: W3LL People Realist Invisible Setting Powder *
Brows: Eye of Horus Brow Define Pencil
Mascara: Eye of Horus Black Goddess Mascara
Highlighter: RMS Beauty Living Luminizer *
Bronzer: RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer *
Lips: Inika Cosmetics Vegan Lipstick in “Naked Kiss” *
* – Certified Organic Ingredients