There’s a lot of talk in the natural health world about Copaiba, an oil extracted from copaiba trees in the Amazon rainforest. Why? Its benefits have been found to be similar to cannabis oil, without THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the chemical responsible for marijuana’s psychological effects.
The essential oil is steam distilled from the copaiba oleoresin, a substance made up of resin and essential oils. The collection process of the oleoresin is unique among essential oils, as it’s tapped from the tree in a similar way maple trees. The oleoresin is then steam distilled to produce the essential oil.
Copaiba’s main chemical component is beta-caryophyllene, similar to cannabinoids found in cannabis, which may protect nerve cells and benefit the cardiovascular and immune systems.*
Great Ways to Use Copaiba
Copaiba is a versatile oil. Here are some excellent ways to use it:
- Help keep your skin clear and clean and minimise appearance of blemishes by adding the oil to your toner or by applying it directly to skin before applying moisturizer.
- Copaiba blends well with Roman chamomile, cedarwood, sandalwood, frankincense, or ylang ylang. Create your own personal fragrance in a roller bottle, and then fill the rest of the bottle with fractionated coconut oil.
- Most of the body can benefit from Copaiba—it supports the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, nervous, and immune system.* Simply add one to two drops to water, juice, or make your own tea using warm water and honey.
- Stressed or worried? Diffusing Copaiba’s woody scent can help calm anxious feelings.
- Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule for an antioxidant boost—antioxidants can help ward off potential cell damage.*
- Draw a calming bath by adding two to three drops to body wash before mixing it in the water.
Did you know?
- The Amazon rainforest represents more than half of the planet’s remaining rainforests, so be sure to only purchase copaiba oil from a highly reputable seller to be certain your money isn’t being channeled into the rainforest’s destruction.
- Copaiba trees can grow to more than 100 feet tall.
Editor’s Note: I recommend doTERRA because the company partners with a large network of Copaiba harvesters who sustainably collect their oleoresin and ensure that the trees will be around for years to come. The oil they produce also goes through multiple checks to ensure purity and potency. Due to this, I passionately share and recommend doTERRA oils.
Products from Amazon.com
Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and HealingPrice: $15.99Was: $19.99
Price: $9.59Was: $11.99