With its complete protein and good fats, Chef Cynthia Louise‘s Buckwheat Salad Wrap makes for a healthy lunch or casual summer dinner. It’s great for your waistline and your skin, plus, it’s simple to make (and oh so good to eat).
1 cup of whole buckwheat groats
Pinch of good salt (pink Himalayan or Celitc sea salt)
1/2 teaspoons of baking powder (aluminum free)
1 TBS cold pressed pure coconut oil
Pinch of cumin seeds
1/2 clove of garlic
1/2 cup water + more if required
1) Heat a pan on low heat, add a little coconut oil
2) In a high powered vita mix put all the above ingredients expect the water and start your machine on low, adding the water as you go, turn to high and blend to create a batter like consistency likeÂ pancake batter, blend for at least 1 minute on high
3) Pour some of the batter into the pan to create 1 portion of a wrap
4) When bubbles start to form, flip the long pancake over and cook for 30 seconds,remove from the pan, use this just like a bread wrap
5) Spread some almond butter or pesto on the wrap, season well and roll up. Best eaten with a knife and fork.
Lots of greens, avocado, red onion slices, tomato, cucumber, grated carrot, grated beetroot and living sprouts.